Proverbs 3:7 (NIV) Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
Stop crying from personal torments while babysitting evil. We complain Just like the Israelites did in their journey to Canaan. We are so blinded by our carnal ways that we even quote the book of Job to excuse ourselves or get sympathy.
Lets be honest and repent by departing from our evil ways. The evil we are hiding and excusing is what is punishing us. We can’t babysit evil and expect to live in spiritual joy and peace.
There is a spiritual radar in every believer. Pain and torment is nothing more than a prompt to tell us that we are not living right and we should examine our ways.
Some of the things that make us go off the mark are very simple and they slip into our lives without us realising.
- We cease to have a personal relationship with God. We instead become deeply religious and doing everything expected of us in order to please other humans in the process we reap pain and frustration!
- Idolatry become part of our lifestyle. We start valuing other things more than our personal relationship with God! Wealth, Assets, Friends, Family and Self! Mathew 10:37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me…”. Idols never made anybody happy!
- We hide a habitual sin. We enjoy it. It could be our flesh issue or a spirit living in us. It doesn’t matter, what matters is that we are able to kick it out of us if we are honest and want to. We have the power of the will to do it. We have no choice if we are to get rid of that guilt, shame, pain and sorrow in our hearts.
- Material success becomes a yardstick of our spiritual success. This is the spirit behind the prosperity gospel. when this spirit enters a church, a community or a fellowship, it turns it into a club of material gain. The Holy Spirit leaves and the work of God among the believers cease. Real deliverance from sin is now absent which leads to all sorts of evils and sorrows. If you are a genuine believer, always test the spirit that’s operating in a group before Joining. 1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God… Remember that you don’t have to be a believer to succeed in the material world. All humans are made in the image of God and we are born with various shares of creativity. It doesn’t matter if our parents were worshipping a cow, a goat or a mountain. The sweetness of the gospel comes from the redemption of our sinful nature irrespective of if we are poor or rich materially.
- Our dependence on the Holy Spirit to squash evil has stopped and instead we do it the way of the flesh ending up in all sorts of troubles, just like the foolish Galatians! Galatians 3:1 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you?..
Jeremiah 2:19 Your wickedness will bring its own punishment. Your turning from me will shame you. You will see what an evil, bitter thing it is to abandon the LORD your God and not to fear him. I, the Lord, the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, have spoken!
Stop sinning or seek help from other God fearing people if you need deliverance. If you don’t, the Holy Spirit will depart from you and your final state will be worse than before you received the Holy Spirit.
1 Samuel 16:13-15
So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David. Samuel then went to Ramah.
Now the Spirit of the Lord had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord tormented him.
Saul’s attendants said to him, “See, an evil spirit from God is tormenting you.
You may not realise that you are operating under an evil spirit because of lack of humility and repentance. Simply because you once got spirit filled and spoke in tongues does not mean that you are still on the right path. Our lives call for daily repentance and commitment to the ways of God.
If there is even a speck of insincerity in your heart then expect a number of spiritual issues.
“When an unclean spirit comes out of a man, it passes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’On its arrival, it finds the house vacant, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they go in and dwell there; and the final plight of that man is worse than the first. So will it be with this wicked generation”..
A personal peace and a quiet joy that is independent of your immediate harsh environment, is an indication that all is well with you spiritually.
Psalm 85:8 I will listen to what God the LORD says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants— but let them not turn to folly.